cic resource center
Everything you need to be a successful CIC
Table of Contents
CIC Job Description
Responsibilities for CIC’s:
- Verify guests are boarding the correct bus to/from each location.
- Make sure the bus driver has the correct hotel and directions.
- Assist SNE management teams with guest activities & events.
- Assist guests during transportation as a liaison for SNE.
- This is a position of service.
Qualifications for CIC’s:
- Uphold, sustain SNE Code of Conduct Criteria & Tour Staff Mission.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have an accessible email address.
- Have a clean, professional appearance.
- Ability to print your trip paperwork.
- Possess a functional cell phone.
Code of Conduct
- Have a Winning Personality & Positive Attitude.
- Must be non-controversial.
- Present yourself in a professional manner.
- Be a Team Player.
- Must have a neat, clean, proper uniform attire at all required times.
- Healthy ability to follow directions given by SNE management teams.
- Perform duties assigned in a timely manner.
Tour Staff Mission Statement
Importance of the organizer - promoter
The group organizer is a intricate part of Soul Nation Events and is a valuable asset in generating customer demand.
- Acknowledge and thank the organizer as often as possible.
- Check in with them when you see them throughout the event
- On the way home with the microphone publicly thanked the organizer
- When needed solicit the organizer to help you with challenging situations regarding their group. They can diffuse many issues if called upon
Getting an assignment
YOU MUST HAVE EMAIL/WEB ACCESS TO GET ASSIGNMENT
Add email@example.com to your address book.
Approximately 5 days prior: You’ll Receive “Trips Avail” Email
- Complete Trip Assignment Request Form on SNEG Web
We assign based on a FIRST COME FIRST ASSIGNED basis.
Tuesday Prior 5PM: Office Confirmation EM to assigned CIC
- Send Reply email “confirmed”
No confirmation within 24 hours, trip will be reassigned
Wednesday Prior 5PM: CIC Trip Packet Emailed
- Send Reply email “Received CIC Info Pack”
- No reply within 24 hours, trip might be reassigned
- Only call office: missing information or have any questions.
CIC Work Flow - Over Night trips
Prior to Departure - PREPARATION
- Review Your Pre Trip Packet-CALL Office With any questions
- Map Out Your Pickup Location(s) & Time(s)
- Map Out Your Destination
- Research On-line The Hotel And Destination
- Bring some Movies/Music
Day Of Departure - PROFESSIONALISM
- Must be in Uniform (no exceptions)
- Introduce yourself to Bus Driver & Group Leader
- Use the persons name. People love to hear their name
Day Of Departure - PROMPTNESS
- Arrive At Least 30-45 Minutes Prior To Departure Time
- Anticipate Traffic
- NOTE: We Will Not Hold The Bus For late CIC”S
Prior to Bus Departure
- Introduce yourself to the bus driver
- Secure your seat in front of bus
- Confirm directions to hotel with driver ( USE DIRECTIONS GIVEN FROM OUR OFFICE)
- Place bus signs in door side window
- Locate organizer – introduce yourself
- Complete Bus Documentation Form
- If you have more than one group on your bus, try to have separate seating sections and separate luggage areas for each group. Our buses run full so each person should be in a seat next to another person and they should not be spread about the bus but sectioned by group.
- Load passengers onto bus using room/bus checklist. CHECK ID. Position yourself so that you are able to control the flow of guests checking ID’s Indicate all corrections on rooming list.
- Call SNE office BEFORE DEPARTING 215-504-4000 – Press 7 – to reach dispatch – If you get the office voice mail
you must call back until you reach the dispatch. You need to check in before leaving every pick up location.
Bus Departs - Announcements- ( as soon as bus is underway)
- Using microphone introduce yourself and bus driver
- Announce where the bus is going & approximate travel time
- Bus Rules (no smoking, trash, etc.)
- Hold up an Itinerary. Let everyone know that will be at the activities desk. Stress the importance of each person
visiting the Activities Desk for activity sign up, times and additional information.
- You may expect a call from a TD while you’re traveling on the bus.
Announcements -10 Mins Prior To Hotel Arrival
- All passengers remain on the bus while the organizer goes into hotel to obtain the groups room keys.
- Announce about checking rooms for damages and if any found, report to front desk as soon as possible.
- Repeat: “Please be sure to visit the Activities Desk”.
- Everyone Stays on the Bus (Get bus driver to help with this)
- Bring all paperwork to the Tour Director
- Obtain room keys & pass out as passengers unload the bus
- Check for any items left on bus and give to Front Desk immediately
- Help driver clean up bus & instruct driver to see Tour Director for room keys and weekend assignment
- Report to the Tour/Activity Director for Assignment
- Attend Friday night meeting to obtain room keys, to check itinerary changes & Saturday morning meeting assignment
At the Hotel – Help Out When Needed
- Attend the events in proper attire
- Always have on your SNE Name badge
- Assignments: Our Tour Management Team will meet with you for assignments
- Activity Desk Support
- Enjoyment – Mix & Mingle at the party(s) & activity(s)
- Meet new people – Become a part of our family
From Hotel to Home – Hotel Departure
- Advise Group Leaders of Bus Load & Departure Times
- Label separate drop-off locations on luggage bays
- All rooms will be checked for damages, Buses will be held pending room damage resolution.
- No bus is to depart without release from Tour Director
- Be present by your bus to assist with loading and questions
- When your buses is loaded, proceed to lobby area pending bus release
- Tour Director will give you the okay when the bus can depart
From Hotel to Home – Trip Home
- With microphone: Thank Group Leaders, Thank Bus Driver
- Market SNE Products (Crab Feast, etc.)
Bus Breakdown or Late Arrival
- If a bus breaks down you should notify the hotel TD.
- It’s ultimately the Bus Driver’s responsibility to get the bus back on the road.
- He or she should be in touch with his dispatcher.
- Your job is to manage this and stay in the loop with the bus driver, TD, and bus dispatcher.
- Reach out to the bus dispatcher to ensure that the driver and his company are doing everything necessary to get the bus back in service.
- Keep the hotel in the loop.
Solicit the organizer when needed
- The organizer can play a critical role in helping to diffuse many challenges with their group. When needed, solicit the organizers help.
Resource Download links
Click Here Take The Post Training Test
All CIC Must Complete This Short Test to Be Assigned
Click Here To Download Staff Agreement
All SNE Staff Must Sign The Following Agreement As A Condition Of Involvement. Please Print Out
This Agreement, Sign It, And Return To SNE As Soon As Possible. Thank You!
- CIC Trip Packet sample with sample itinerary
- Bus Documentation Form
- CIC Friday Trip Check List
- Bus Sign
*CIC’s association with SNE is AS A VOLUNTEER AND NOT AN EMPLOYEE AND THEREFORE NOT COVERED UNDER ANY WORKMANS COMPENSATION BENEFITS. CIC’s ARE AWARE THAT SKIING, OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES AND PARTICIPATION IN ANY SCHEDULED ACTIVITY OR AGENDA DURING THE TRIP IS AT THEIR OWN CHOICE, RISK AND RESPONSIBILITY, AND IS NOT A CONDITION OF ASSOCIATION WITH SNE.
JOIN IN 4 EASY STEPS
- Complete staff application
- Attend a Zoom training
- Buy staff uniform
- Tell us when you are available